View Single Post
Old May 18, 2013, 10:35 PM   #10
745SW

“As far as your concerned only keeping wear and tear items under normal conditions is as far that you would go?”

Yes because most pistols I have two identical pieces. The only exception is my 45auto, S&W 745, I have four pieces. My all time favorite 45auto. It don’t jam, but that’s not uncommon with the older S&W’s.

In the distant past had three Colt Gold Cup’s series 70, now it’s down to one that has been customized. I found, over the years, the 1911 just isn’t as reliable using my handloads as the 745. Reloading, IMO, is especially well suited for the 45ACP because its both comparatively easy and the cost savings substantial.

My loads for the 45ACP are target powered using a 200gr lead SWC with 4.0gr of Bullseye or 4.2gr of 700X. Loads for the 9mm is similar. Wear and tear should not be an issue.

I may eventually get additional parts for my Glock like the sleeve and cups for the striker largely because I may loose the part during cleaning/disassembly. I was not thinking, actually careless, when removing the rear cover of the slide recently and parts went flying after being hit in the eyelid. Luckily found all the parts and my eyelid is fine.

Page generated in 0.02094 seconds with 8 queries