View Single Post
Old August 1, 2021, 08:23 PM   #25
TunnelRat

Is ammo availabilty getting better yet?

All of these economic points are known to me. My point was simply that there are those with larger discretionary incomes than others, hence the can/can’t. It’s not meant as a judgmental comment but one based in reality (there are items and hobbies I could never personally afford and likely never will). Those people will likely continue to shoot a substantial amount. It may be that the group of people that continue to shoot higher round counts will get smaller.

Another option is that the frequency with which people shoot high volumes decreases. I’m still shooting 200 rd of 9mm or so during my sessions, I’m just doing it half as frequently. Ammunition right now is about twice what I was paying pre panic and COVID. I’ve kept my spending the same and adjusted the frequency accordingly.

To be frank we had a number of years where prices were so low that people got used to shooting high volumes and not thinking about it. That’s not the case anymore. I still think a person can have higher round count sessions (that phrase is a bit subjective), but it may require more planning than it did some years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02241 seconds with 8 queries