View Single Post
Old April 4, 2013, 10:04 PM   #26
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
And if you look at my post, I am merely questioning your direct, word for word, quote. In that quote there is no mention of "significant".
I've posted several pages of text on this thread and in course of that effort, I've used the word "significant" or "significantly" probably 20 times or more, including several times in the 1500-1600 word post which contains the quoted sentence.
Quote:
I back up my position with phyics, you back up yours with pencil sketches.
I explained the physics and provided diagrams as well as an explanation of how the diagrams were obtained in case anyone cares to duplicate them for themselves.
Quote:
No offense intended, but read my post before you break my stones.
I don't see how my response to your comment could reasonably be characterized as "breaking your stones"--It certainly wasn't intended to be hostile. You raised a point and I showed that I had answered that point earlier and that I had tried to keep the point in mind throughout the thread.
Quote:
If zeroed for 125 gr JHP, full bore factory, ....148 gr WC factory would shoot to same POA, back to 25 yds.
Awhile back, I set up a spreadsheet that does a calculation/estimate of the POI effect due to bullet weight and velocity in a given gun. When I poke in typical numbers for a light wadcutter load (148gr @ 690fps) and a hotter 125gr load (125gr @ 830fps) in .38spl, the calculated/estimated difference in POI at 25 yards for those two loads is quite small.

Page generated in 0.02501 seconds with 8 queries