View Single Post
Old May 31, 2021, 03:39 PM   #1
Kalamity Kate

A semi auto for trap and one more sport?

I have posted for shotgun choice help before and the advice was sound and helpful. I now have two- a Mossberg 500 hybrid pump with a pistol grip and a fully adjustable stock (for short lop) for hiking safety and home defense and my Benelli 20 ga youth model that I am currently using for trap shooting.

Trap is something my women's shooting group is starting up at my range. It is a lot of fun, but my range also has sporting clay and skeet, so I may want to get into sporting clays when I get much more proficient.

My 20 gauge Benelli Montefeltro is nice- love the semi-auto reduced recoil (I am a really short senior). The 20 ga is not the best choice for trap and I would like to get a reasonably priced 12 gauge semi-auto. Problem is I have not found much information on-line about the differences between guns for trap vs sporting clays vs skeet. Is it possible to use a gun that will suffice for trap and for one of the other sports? I am not interested in anything more than local competition and have no interest in championship shooting. This is strictly for fun and becoming a better marksman.

My budget is to stick to under 2K. I have been nudged towards the Beretta A300 Outlander Sporting and the Beretta A400 Xcel (30" barrel). I thought the CZ 712 Target G2 at under 1K might be a contender. No telling when that would be available with Turkey on the outs with us at the moment. The reason I thought CZ is that I have 2 of their pistols that I love for accuracy, durability and reliability.

Is it possible to get a shotgun that can span trap and sporting clays?

Last edited by Kalamity Kate; May 31, 2021 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling error

Page generated in 0.03581 seconds with 8 queries