View Single Post
Old April 15, 2019, 06:52 PM   #1
Brutus

buying optics, what a pain

Posted this on THR but thought it might be of interest here as well.
With the purchase of my first ,223 I decided to get a new spotting scope to see those itty-bitty holes in the target. Bought one on sale at Bass Pro which seemed adequate until I got it to the range.
Since Bass Pro had such a crummy selection I returned it to Cabelas after researching the subject on the internet. They had a much better selection and I looked over all the different models. Settled on a Vortex Diamondback even though it was more than I had budgeted. Yesterday I was back at Cabelas stocking up on fishing stuff with my buddies. We stopped back at the optics department to look over some binoculars when it struck me how futile shopping for optics can be.
Can't understand why all the optics are way back in the corner of the store with the firearms where all you can see is the inside of the store. Seems to me they should put them by a window so you can peer outside at a distance and really get a feel for what your buying. Think I'm going back and ask the guy to haul them all over to a window, just to mess with them.

Page generated in 0.02740 seconds with 8 queries