View Single Post
Old November 25, 2011, 07:46 PM   #13
PawPaw

Cast bullet shooters routinely load bullets down to 1100-1200 fps for target work. Even the venerable .30-06 is susceptible to this treatment. It's easy to load to .30-30 levels and there might be any number of scenarios where that would be acceptable. I haven't played much with downloading the .30-06, but I have played with the .30-30 and downloaded it to... well.

How about a 115 grain bullet at subsonic levels? I call those mouse-fart cartridges and they're a lot of fun. Or, the .311041 loaded to about 1200 fps for plinking, or that same 311041 loaded with as small as 3.0 grains of Bullseye? It makes a dandy squirrel load in those places where it is legal.

Quote:
But if not, then tell me how I can do it, because a load that reduced seems to go against the grain of what I have learned as a reloader. Which is, "don't go too much below starting loads".
All that is good advise, but sometimes we want to experiment, to learn beyond what might be in the book.

The information is out there. One of the best starting articles is the one by Paco Kelly over at his Leverguns site. LINKY HERE! Why might we do such things? Why do people race sports cars? Why do people climb mountains?

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.02247 seconds with 8 queries