View Single Post
Old October 3, 2011, 11:45 AM   #44
orangello

This is simply an area the government need not insert its noses into, IMO. Much like making me carry health insurance of their standard or requiring a girl to get a questionable immunization for a disease of very limited contagious nature or requiring firearms training or a home safe for firearms purchases. It is not the Federal government's business; it isn't the State governments' business; it IS the individuals' business and theirs alone. If they abuse their freedoms, then that individual should be reigned in, not society as a whole. Look at how sex offenders are tracked (imperfectly, but a start); do we limit all adults to a 100 yard perimiter of elementary schools, or do we limit those who have abused their freedoms?

I haven't abused my freedoms; leave me alone.

Quote:
I know it's very popular and very simple to equate alcoholic beverage consumption and the use of marijuana, however, I don't see them as analagous at all. The ONLY reason anyone smokes/eats/whatever marijuana is for the mind-altering effect. This is not the case with alcoholic beverages, necessarily. Many people enjoy fine spirits, wine and beer for the taste, not to get stoned or high. So all of the inevitable comparisons between legal alcohol use and illegal marijuana use that don't allow for this very real fact are, inherently, flawed.
I have known a number of people who were very experienced in the area who would disagree with you, including more than a few chefs. Flavor makes most of the difference between the "dirt" and the "dank". I've known a few beer lovers who swore they were only there for the taste of some fine micro-brew or other, but i haven't seen one who didn't get some buzz from it.

Page generated in 0.03280 seconds with 8 queries