View Single Post
Old December 29, 2010, 10:21 PM   #24
carguychris

Also not a gun shop employee, but I'll add some more based on customer behavior I've witnessed...

24) Just because it's in my display case doesn't mean that I know how to field-strip it.

25) Yes, we sell revolvers, but that doesn't make me- or anyone else here- an expert on all of the hundreds of models of top-break sold in the USA between 1870 and 1960, so no, I can't tell you the identity and value of the revolver you found in your grandma's attic based solely on the serial number and your rough description of the logo on the grips. (Same concept goes for old European .32s.)

26) I appreciate the fact that you finally brought in that old top-break rather than just describing it to me, but no, we won't take it as a straight trade for that new Deluxe Model bolt-action rifle with the checkered walnut stock... I'm sorry we hurt your feelings by only offering you $50 for it, but see, there's a difference between "valuable antique" and "old junk", and we prefer to trade for guns that people will actually buy.

27) No, I won't hide that old gun in the back room for you while you spend the next day or so combing GB, asking your buddies, and posting on Internet forums trying to figure out what it's worth. See, we're in business to sell things, and things don't sell when they're hidden from everyone.

28) Yes, I realize that .32 S&W cartridges are much smaller than .45 ACP and should cost less to produce, but you see, they cost a whole bunch more because of this thing called "supply and demand".

Page generated in 0.03180 seconds with 8 queries