View Single Post
Old April 25, 2018, 10:38 AM   #7
riffraff

I dont live in your state but federal law face to face residents same state you can sell it without the ffl, provided as far as you know they are legally allowed to own it. Usually the bare minimum in the lack of state laws is to check divers license and a bill with their name showing the same address. An LTC of course is even more assuring. Personally i would ask the person if they were prohibited by law, not that they couldnt lie but no harm in it.

Personally i would either sell it through an FFL or i would keep and provide no record in my state. The reason for this is say the guy was a felon, got caught with it or the gun was used in a crime, and the authorities followed up about it - no benefit to having it documented as for all they can prove without you telling them you couldve sold it to a legal owner who then resold it. Not saying its a fed crime to unknowingly sell a gun to a prohibited person but the could insinuate you knew, so no sense documenting it IMHO... or at least if i documented the sale i would not provide that to authorities before talking to a lawyer in such event.

Page generated in 0.03761 seconds with 8 queries