View Single Post
Old June 18, 2022, 01:36 PM   #10
Paul B.

The last rifle I had drilled and tapper for a scope was a Husqvarna 640. Action was most likely an FN Mauser made for Husqvarna. Very nice action BTW.

I do have a Danzig Mauser that someone had P.O. Ackley rebarrel. At least the barrel has his stamp on it. I took it to gunsmith to have the bolt altered to fit under a scope. His was a several years ago. The quote was from $100 to 150 depending on difficulty. The big sost in squaring the gun away was making the receiver so a scope could be mounted. Eight screw holes in the receiver ring, eight more in the rear of the receiver plus a huge hole in the center of the back ring of the receiver. Estimated price of the fix? From $700 on the low end to as high as $1,500 at the top end. Needless to say the work has never been done. Too bad, as the way the rifle sits now, it's a lightweight .270 Win. that I'd bet weighs no more than 6.5 pounds, if that much. Put the right weight scope and mount on that rifle and I'd bet it would be no more that 7 to 7.5 pounds. The barrel is so slim it looks like a soda straw. The rifle looks exactly like a pre-war Oberndorf sporter.

I apologize but I have no way to show pictures
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.03434 seconds with 8 queries