Thread: Ride the slide?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 07:44 PM   #14
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
I get that you signed it with a grin, but you don't really risk a malfunction if you ride the slide and make a point of riding it all the way in.
I agree, IF you do your due diligence and make sure the slide is completely in battery, every time, its not a problem. But I have seen a number of pistols, of different designs that, if you close the slide slowly (ride the slide) they can sometimes stop short (1/4 or 1/8" or so), which MAY be enough out of full battery to engage the disconnector, rendering the pistol inoperable. A bump or push on the end of the slide normally closes it all the way, but you have to recognize it has happened in order to fix it.
Quote:
Treating one's defensive ammo a bit gently seems prudent to me.
To what end? soft loading the first round saves you what? The GUN isn't going to soft load the rest of the rounds. You do what you think prudent. I maintain that if you have concerns with bullet setback, you need better ammo. Even if you have to make it yourself.

Page generated in 0.03216 seconds with 8 queries