View Single Post
Old February 1, 2008, 06:55 PM   #11
Slamfire

Quote:
Scorch, I tend to agree with alot of your posts, but this is not one of them!
I dont believe it for a second!!! I own one, and its built like a tank. You may have confused it for another clone, but the PTR is a friggin tank!!!! I had to chose between the two a year ago and the PTR won. I would make the same decision all over again. The ar is proven, true, but so is the hK 91, psg1, and 93 versions. I worked on ar's in the Corps, and used to own one, and still chose the PTR! The PTR is every bit as good as the HK, if not better. Thats right I said better. I personally would suggest buying the PTR!!!
My experience with my PTR 91 was been positive, and I agree with this post. I purchased mine in Oct 07 and it is a well built firearm. Now I have not shot the barrel out, as I have done with my match M1a's, but I have put enough rounds down range to determine that the rifle is reliable. Whatever problems they had, I think they are all fixed.

The PTR91 just feels serious. I know that is subjective, but it has a very serious "no nuts" attitude.

Incidentally the first AR10's were awful. I got to shoot a very early one, a carbine version. It would not feed five rounds without a failure to feed. Rounds were partly out of the magazine, and the bolt was jammed into the sidewall. But Armalite has been improving their rifles too, and I don't hear any new complaints.

My preference for 308 battle rifles is 1) M1a, 2) FN/FAL, and 3) PTR91.

I am of the opinion that the AR10 is an excellent target rifle.

Page generated in 0.03511 seconds with 8 queries