View Single Post
Old February 23, 2017, 11:34 PM   #63
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
To my very great surprise, it didn't ask if there are guns in the house.
They don't HAVE to! They can, and have come out with anti gun "recommendations" without asking a single question about guns. I was actually involved in one of those "surveys".

It was a "safety & risk assessment" study, done at a government facility I worked at. Standard type questions, about safety attitudes, wearing PPE, availability of PPE, and things like that, including driving habits (do you wear a seat belt, do you drive within 5mph of the speed limit, etc.)

There were NO questions about guns, hunting, or anything at all like that. The only question that even remotely touched on anything violent was "during the past year, was any member of your family involved in a physical fight?"

Now, when the "results" came back, and bear in mind that these results were intended to give us ways to improve safety, they had a list of things we could to do reduce our risks.

One of the listed things was
"avoid handguns"

I'm not kidding, that's a direct quote. I didn't flip out, but I did get ticked off! And I went to my manager about it. I didn't mention anything about gun rights, or anything like that, I pointed out how, since they didn't ask even a SINGLE question about firearms, putting in "avoid handguns" spoke directly to their credibility, and therefore, EVERYTHING they recommended was now suspect. My boss agreed. His boss agreed, and it went up the food chain.

The contractor who did the "study" lost their contract. I think only because I got things going, and because I didn't call their attitude about guns into question, what I questioned was their procedure, and how including guns in their results came from nowhere.

I mention this to make everyone aware that these agenda driven zealots can produce anti-gun "findings" without even bothering to ask any questions.

I have a strong suspicion that kind of attitude isn't just limited to anti gun bias, but that's where its easiest for me to recognize.

Page generated in 0.03278 seconds with 8 queries