View Single Post
Old November 22, 2005, 10:59 PM   #11
springmom

they call it a "safe" for a reason....

If you have children, keep your guns in your safe unless each gun is on your person or under your direct control. If a child is old enough to walk, he/she is old enough to get all kinds of places they shouldn't. (Voice of experience here: children are now 32, 22, 20, and 17). Usually that means they find their Christmas presents; but if what they find is a handgun or a long gun, it can be tragic.

Even though my youngest is 17 and therefore an adult, legally speaking, any gun that is not in use as a CCW or on my bedside table is IN THE SAFE. Aaron does not know the combination. The combination is not written down anywhere in our house. Nowhere.

My youngest has asked me to get "his" new shotgun (birthday present) out of the safe to show his friends; I did so, stood there while they ooohed and aaaahed and gave one of them a sharp lesson on the four laws of gun safety when he swung the shotgun (which I knew was empty because I myself had checked it twice) toward me NO WAY can Aaron, even at 17, be allowed access to those guns without parental oversight.

Keep the guns on or right next to you; or put them away under lock and key.

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Page generated in 0.02140 seconds with 8 queries