View Single Post
Old December 24, 2019, 02:24 PM   #18
hoof hearted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Tomcat View Post
I had already read that post and is what convinced me that building heeled cast bullets with external lube grooves was the way to go. Their labor intensity does not bother me (I love reloading) and my expected annual shooting rate is not going to take all my time to reload them.

I do not cast lead (yet) and will likely buy the correct bullet which is closely sized to what I need...and then will do the final sizing/lubing myself. I have five pounds of FFFg Swiss powder and that should last me a while.

Once I get back to my home in Virginia, I will be ordering the Kirst gated converter and ejector assembly. Then...slug the barrel to determine its actual bore/groove diameter and go from there with bullets, lubrisizer, etc.

Seems like 2020 will be an interesting year!

The Head Tomcat

PS: Any thoughts about the cylinder bushing I mentioned in an earlier post?
Not sure you will find cast bullets, the guy at alpha bravo and Walt Kirst fell out after walt never fulfilled his part of a trade.

The bushing probably won’t work unless you can get the action perfect. The hand pushes the cylinder forward in this early design and needs a bit of space to not bind.

Truthfully it is fixing a non existent problem as so many of the things sold as improvements are.....

Page generated in 0.02100 seconds with 8 queries