View Single Post
Old January 16, 2019, 12:51 PM   #20
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
If you have banned an entire category of weapon from you collection to prevent dangerous mistakes, well,there may be a few ill mannered souls out there who might tease you.
They can try...

I haven't banned an entire category of weapon, merely a single caliber that I neither have a want, or need, or use for. AND one that is probably the easiest and most dangerous ammo mistake risk to happen. Also there was a several decade period where I wasn't the only one with access to the family shotguns and ammo supply.

There has been a 12ga in my family since before 1900. Usually several. We use .410 for the light work. Using the 12/20 burst as a stated reason for not having a 20ga is a bit of a "stall tactic". Its not the only, or really the main reason I don't have a 20ga, but when I state that it is, is usually forestalls someone "explaining" to me how good the 20ga is, how its just as good as the 12, how the guns are lighter, etc, etc, etc...

I also don't have any .40/10mm pistols, not from any fear of the risk of getting the wrong ammo in a gun, but simply because I have no interest in them. I have guns and calibers that "wrap around" what the .40/10mm can do, on both sides, so, for me, there's no point to having them.

Other people seem to like them a lot, and that's a good thing for them, just not for me.

There are a number of firearms designs and models I don't have, and won't have, because I don't care for them. I have a number of firearms most other people see little or no point in owning. We're all different in our likes, and needs, and that's a good thing.

Don't tell me how I need a Glock, and I won't tell you how you need a Desert Eagle. Fair enough??

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 8 queries