View Single Post
Old May 14, 2017, 12:24 PM   #1
Dr Big Bird PhD

New Resident of GA looking to make a Purchase

Hi TFL,

I recently moved to Georgia from California for 6-8 months regarding specific project I am on and would like to purchase a firearm for home safety. I have been a long-time firearm owner from when I was still living in Texas, California, and would like to get one while I am in Georgia as well. Owning a firearm in the home has something that my father has instilled in me, and especially when my girlfriend comes to visit, I insist on having a gun available for protection.
The last bit of prefacing is that I do not currently have a GA state driver's license.

The specific questions I have are below:

If I make an online purchase or arrange a private transfer:
-Do I need a GA license to receive an FFL transfer, and does it matter if it comes from in-state or out of state?
-Do I need a GA license to make the private purchase of a used firearm in person?

Now, let's assume that I have a GA driver's license and wish to transfer to the firearm back to CA at the end of my project:
-If I am making the FFL transfer back to myself in CA, what states will I need their respective state license for, and how should I go about this?
-Since I will be moving back to CA, would it simply be better to sell the firearm at the end of my stay here?
Who you are is not a function of where you are. -Off Minor

Page generated in 0.03510 seconds with 8 queries