View Single Post
Old June 6, 2008, 11:43 PM   #189
kamerer

Surviiivor1 - do you have pics? That helps alot. Else, bbl length (full length), frame size (or at least number of rounds), writing on bbl., lots and lots of details. S&W re-used lots of S/N's, so a number isnt' usually enough. With a number that high, it's probably a .32 Hand Ejector, but I'm guessing.

Warriorsoul - Lock work, yeah, the internals. I'd stick it back in diesel or kerosene for a few days - it will do a lot more dissolving than WD-40. If you go to the smith-wessonforum.com, go to the 1945 and up forum, and read the FAQs. There will be a bunch of info there about parts diagrams, how to disassemble correctly, etc. Grips you can get in the classifieds there, sometimes on ebay, sometimes at gun shows. Any "K" frame grip will fit, but a correct pair is smooth walnut, and a tell-tale s/n stamped in the right panel inside. A good pair run about $40 for correct ones (e.g, war time made ones in very good condition). I have some if you are interested you can email or pm me, but I'm not here to sell stuff, just help out. The grips on yours may have been original, they look like pre-war commercial S&W grips - which were used on some early british contract guns. They may have been used on some "V" guns, i'm not sure exactly when they quit and started with the smooth walnut ones. In that case, the correct ones are checkered with a diamond around the screw hole, silver medallion set in the top 1/2 circle like on yours. Those go for much more - I think I sold a pair of those in "good," not excellent, condition a month or two ago for like $80. Yours look too far gone to save, but it might be worth saving the medallions in the grips.

Page generated in 0.02149 seconds with 8 queries