View Single Post
Old April 5, 2013, 01:15 PM   #9
redhologram

I'm just going to sit here and drool over those WC's.
Quote:
A buddy and I are doing the same thing with his girlfriend this weekend....(she's in her 30's but has small hands)....and I'll be acting as the primary instructor / he'll back off a little. Our only focus is to let her have some fun and shoot a variety of guns...so she can decide what he will buy for her !!
------
He has nothing in a 9mm ( he's a .45 acp / .44 mag kind of guy )....so he'll buy 3 boxes of 9mm, a couple boxes of .38 spl, a box of .357 mag.../ and we'll let her shoot as many guns as she wants - or until she's tired of it ...and she can pick or exclude anything she doesn't want to shoot...because she thinks its ugly or whatever...
------
from my collection - she can testfire:

a. Sig 239 in 9mm ....with stock grips, or I can change to Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves.../a favorite of some of my grandkids.

b. Sig 226 in 9mm ...with same dual grip options...( we don't expect her to like it ....we think it'll be too wide and too heavy - but it lets her fire a full sized Sig if she wants to ). My 226's are the all stainless versions - so they're a little heavier than the standard models.

c. Kimber Tactical Pro II model in 9mm...4" alloy frame..../ nice gun ( a favorite of my teenage grandaughters).

d. Wilson Combat 5" Protector model in 9mm...5" all steel gun.../ this is my primary practice gun - and its just to give her a feel of a full sized 1911 in 9mm. Most new shooters - fire this gun / and go immediately back to the 4" alloy frame Kimber....weight, or something in it...doesn't intimidate them.(this is a favorite of mine ...and they'll have dig it out of my casket someday ...because I'm taking it with me). But I share ...and let them shoot it, once in a while....

we can rent a variety of Glocks, XD's, Berettas, from the range in 9mm....
( I have most of the same guns in .40S&W ...but we're going to keep them out of the mix ...). The problem with rental guns...they may not be clean or well tuned up ...and you can only take one out of rental case at a time..so you can't just put 2 rounds thru one gun ...then shoot the next one...

---------
In revolvers ...( all S&W )

In K frames:
Model 10 in a 4" . 38 spl ...with original grip and Target grips

Model 66 ...in a 2 1/2" round but with either wood grips or Hogue rubber...
Model 66 ... in a 4" ....sq butt...standard wood target grips, S&W finger groove wood grips, Hogue rubber grips....
-------------
All to just give her a cross-section of what is out there....
-----------
I was laughing with my buddy last nite ...but its almost like I've got a "kit" of guns that I use for new shooters..../ but its fun ...especially with the 10 grandkids I have now from 3 - 22 yrs old and their friends.../ its been my priveledge to teach them how to shoot .../and I'm looking forward to sunday afternoon ....

( only bad thing for my buddy ....none of my guns are for sale !! )...he'll have to find his own...!

Model 66-1's 4 and 2 inch 006.jpg

http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...0&d=1357338028 - 2nd gun from bottom is Wilson 9mm ...gun at upper right is Kimber 9mm 4" ..( gun at bottom is my carry gun / Wilson CQB in .45 acp)...

http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...7&d=1303316779 ....nice thumbprint ...on this one ..?? / just a standard Sig 239...

http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...5&d=1339792625 ...some of my other .357's...

Page generated in 0.03538 seconds with 8 queries