View Single Post
Old January 12, 2013, 07:10 PM   #4
mmb713

You should never download H110 below published starting loads. It is a hard to ignite powder that requires a magnum primer, full case and a heavy crimp to ignite properly. Hodgdon's loading guides have always included a caveat about downloading H110. Don't do it. If starting loads with H110 are more power than you want then switch to another powder, like 2400. It is far more forgiving at being downloaded. If I were loading 357 Magnum jacketed bullets for a rifle I would stick with higher end loads to ensure bullets don't get stuck in the bore. The bullet shanks of your Winchester JHPs and Hornady XTPs should be about the same and are fully jacketed so resistance should be about the same. The unjacketed portion of the Winchester bullets will have zero effect on bullet resistance since it never contacts the rifling. Your data of a start of 21.0 and max of 22.0 is straight out of Hodgdon's reloading guide too. Hornady's data maxes out below 20.0 with H110 though. Your Ruger 77/357 should be able to handle Hodgdon's load just fine. They make the same rifle in 44 Magnum. I would bet that the 77/357 is the strongest platform for the 357 Magnum ever devised.

Page generated in 0.02885 seconds with 8 queries