View Single Post
Old July 29, 2011, 10:18 PM   #4
lamarw

I am blessed and have a very large room as a work area. I have three of the old Lowe's wood work benches attached together along one wall. It has pretty much become my reloading bench and has two turret presses and two shotshell reloaders mounted on it. I also have three sizes of vices and two ultrasonic cleaners on this enlarged bench. The vises are used for whatever comes along and the ultrasonic units are used mostly for antique clock parts and movement cleaning. I have another very large work bench on the other side of the room which is mainly used for restoration work on clock cases. It has also been used occassionaly for furniture and gun stock restoration. At another end of the room I have a small bench dedicated for gun cleaning. In the center of the room directly below a large florecent light fixture is a beautiful antique watch maker's bench. It is a much higer bench and allows intricate and close to the eye work. I use it specifically for the diassembly and reassembly of clock movements.

My wife claims I can get lost for hours in my quasi man cave. This room is also connected to our home's back-up generator in case of a power outage.

Page generated in 0.02434 seconds with 8 queries