View Single Post
Old April 9, 2011, 07:07 PM   #15
Fusion

Thanks guys. I tried a couple of them out today and they shot to the same spot, and the same groups I got with the other ammo.

I did wonder about them at first. The first shot I shot hit about 2" left. The second shot I couldn't even find on the paper. I walked out to the target only to notice that the second shot had gone in the same hole as the first and made the hole slightly bigger. I then tried a couple more without dimples and noticed it was clearly shooting 2" to the left, but was still shooting it's usual 1 hole groups. I adjust the scope over and it started putting them all in the bullseye once again. So now I'm not sure if the scope is bad and loosing zero, or if it's from where I took the forearm off. I know removing the forearm can change the zero of a rifle, but I've never had it change that much. I just put this scope on last weekend as a temporary scope. It's a crappy cheapo Bushnell that I keep as a spare, but the glass is decent and it's always worked in the past. I put it on to use it while my Leupold is back to Leupold for repair.

So now I guess I have to figure out if the scope lost zero because of me removing and reinstalling the forearm, or if the scope is bad. I did bump it around fairly hard after zeroing it today, then shot a few more rounds and they all still hit right in the bullseye, so it didn't seem like the scope was moving from getting bumped around. At least it still shoots these shells well, and removed the dimples from all of the ones I fired.

Page generated in 0.03217 seconds with 8 queries