View Single Post
Old April 8, 2011, 12:31 AM   #12
FrankenMauser

I, very lightly, lube the neck of the first case I run into the die. Nothing after that gets lube on the neck (up to 50, or so cases). However, that's a recent practice for me. I never had issues in the past, with no lube applied to necks.

Fusion-
The dimples in the shoulder should give you no problems, as far as accuracy is concerned. If you don't trust the load, just use those cases for practice. There's actually the possibility that the dimples will result in a smoother pressure curve - just as wildcatters encounter when fire-forming to improved chambers (with only a slight increase in capacity), and find their best accuracy and performance with with fire-forming loads. The expanding case acts as a buffer, to 'smooth' out pressure spikes, and 'calms the load down'.

But, like I (and others) have said: You probably won't even notice a difference. I never have*.

*We all make mistakes . And I use a lot of range pick-up brass, that may have body dents, shoulder dents, or could have even been run over by a truck. So long as the case is not creased, or severely damaged, I load and shoot.

Page generated in 0.03627 seconds with 8 queries