View Single Post
Old March 24, 2009, 04:02 PM   #123
mskdgunman

The initial report leaves something to be desired in terms of specific details. Were they dispatched to the wrong apartment or just end up there?. If I have questions as to the location, I'll try and have the comm center verify the location via a call back but some times folks don't answer on call back so you're stuck with what you have. I think that if I went to a house, identified myself as a cop (and was in uniform we can assume) and someone comes to the door with a gun in hand, I'm going to be a little tense. We'll address it and work out the details later once the cuffs are on and everyone is safe and disarmed. As it is, I think I'm going to a problem of some kind (since I'm responding to a 9-1-1 call) and to my knowledge, I'm at the right house. Is it against the law to answer the door when the cops knock with a gun in your hand? Probably not but it's also not real bright. If he was a military police officer, he should understand that and understand the mindset of the officers coming to the door. Answering with a gun his hand was just stupid. He should be thankful that nobody got seriously injured and write it off as a learning experience. As for the charges, there is nothing specific in the article which would let me judge if the charges were appropriate or not. If he committed an aggravated assault with firearm, then charge him and let the courts work it out. As a decorated military police officer, he above anyone, should know better.

Page generated in 0.03320 seconds with 8 queries