View Single Post
Old February 24, 2009, 12:11 PM   #14
PSP

I have a Interarms PPK/S, which I like. It shots accurately, reliably and as many have said is a beautiful pistol, but I have wanted for a long time to add a PPK to my collection. I still kick myself for passing on a blued, German made PPK I looked at at a gun show, offered as a private sale, for only $300. What was I thinking?

Someone mentioned the relative prices of some of these pistols. That is a valid point to be raised. If one is patient, allows for the purchase of well cared for used guns, and is reasonably picky, there are some excellent prices on both the Sigs and Walthers, (not even counting the many clones of the Walther available). There are literally car loads of these on the market usually. The length if time they've both been produced has lead to a huge stock.

I'm a big fan of this genre of pistol and one of reasons is probably the excellent value for the dollar one can get, whether in Walther, Sig, Beretta, or the many other brands. I love these guns for what they are...not what they aren't. I have a feeling that in a hundred years there will be similar forum discussions on these same pistols, classics then as they are now.

One aspect not mentioned concerning the Walther, that I have witnessed several times, is the "Babe Magnet" effect. Women like the Walther...they want to touch it. Men do too, but it's a different reaction in women. It's like having a cute dog in the park...only more lethal.

Page generated in 0.02897 seconds with 8 queries