View Single Post
Old October 14, 2002, 07:33 PM   #2
KSFreeman

Good for you, sir! You'll enjoy.

What to bring: extra batteries for light and ears. Extra eyes (I take shades and clear). Shirts with high collars. Neckerchiefs good idea (especially in carbine classes). Mags that work. Two working pistols. Cleaning stuff. Hat. Sunscreen, one that won't sweat off. Kotex or something to stuff in any extra holes. Good range bag. Trash bags (to cover your range bag if it rains). Cash, you will forget something first time out. Comfortable shoes--I like those New Balance foo-foo hiking boots, sometimes I wear my old doggie boots. Open mind.

Lunch: Nope, drink water and eat fruit. Don't eat so much! I once saw a guy eat an entire Big Mac and fries at an advanced (yep, advanced, unbelievable) level class he was sick the entire class (I'm very glad I was at other end of line!). There are guys at TR who eat entire sausage burittos at lunch. They complain about how sick they are at end of day.

Jacket: I always bring a Columbia rainjacket that looks windbreakerish. It may rain, bring something.

Holster: One that works. No experience with that model. Just make sure it works.

Shoot straight, see you down there one day.

Page generated in 0.02843 seconds with 8 queries