View Single Post
Old July 4, 2011, 10:30 PM   #38
bprevolver

BG GB orGLB???

This "GB" marking has puzzeled me for years. Recently I have studied a few very clear stampings of this logo and there appears to be a "BL" inside the "G". The line in front of the "B" goes under the "B" and turns up. This could be a "B" and "L" together. Trying to determine the correct letter representation for a company logo is difficult. It could be "GLB" going from large letters to small or "BLG" going from interior out.

Any thoughts??

Also the letters PR which are most commonly found on the butt of FIE revolvers as also turned up on an 1851 Navy .44cal. revolver set with three different barrel lengths all numbered to the frame. This only has the PR on the butt and was sold by EMF in the late 1970's-80's. No EMF markings. I found an ad in a magazine by EMF about this set but did not think I would ever see one of these. I ask Boyd Davis, President of EMG about this but he could not recall it specifically but said it wouldn't surprise him at all. The marketing people were working overtime coming up with sales gimicks in this highly competitive market of the 1970's and 1980's. I realize for the shooter these things have little value but to the collector it is these weird offerings that make collectors drool. Finding one is almost like finding a treasure ship off the coast of Texas, or better still finding those 300+ 1847 Walker revolvers that were lost in their shipment to Texas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1851 Army 3 Barrel Set 2.jpg (69.3 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 12in & 5in Barrels RtSd.jpg (50.4 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg Top of Barrel.jpg (21.4 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by bprevolver; July 7, 2011 at 12:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.02084 seconds with 9 queries