View Single Post
Old May 10, 2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Bartholomew Roberts

Knife-wielding suspect vs. 5 armed officers

Came across this video on another gun forum, I thought it was worth sharing because it illustrates how deadly a knife can be, how fast these situations can develop, and why you cannot treat a firearm as a magic talisman that will ward off evil.

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...%3DeexGDSsJn9c

In this video, a man is being confronted by Nicaraguan police officers. There are approximately 5 officers, including one armed with an AK47 and the remainder armed with pistols. Using both poor tactics and judgment, the officers attempt to surround the man and he stabs several of them - killing two officers before anyone even attempts to stop him with lethal force and stabbing several others after being shot repeatedly. Naturally, the video is very graphic.

Because there were so many mistakes in this video, I think it provides a good discussion of how this might have been handled better. In addition, I also think the video does an excellent job of why a person with a knife is a very serious lethal threat that you cannot simply dismiss because you've got a gun.

EDITED TO ADD: The relevant fight scene takes place around the 7:00 minute mark if you just want to skip the news report.

Last edited by Bartholomew Roberts; May 10, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.04965 seconds with 8 queries