View Single Post
Old January 20, 2009, 04:17 PM   #51
vranasaurus

Quote:
AWB had a sunset clause.

3 Day waiting period expired with instacheck.

More Americans can carry a gun legally than in several generations.

Sorry but the "things only go downhill" argument does not hold water.
You're telling me that the antis will stop at only prohibiting FTF sales at gunshows?

They use the word gunshow to elicit an emotional response with their ultimate goal being the banning of private sales. Once they have gunshow specific legislation they will push for more.

Quote:
I'm thinking that a large number of guns used by criminals are obtained through straw purchases. While illegal already, a person selling the gun shortly after buying it, pretty much needs to be caught red handed, or snitched out to be arrested for said crime. The people "legally" buying these guns to straw sell them need to be held accountable. The easiest way I can see to do this is, ready, to have guns registered to their owners. Easy now, I know many of you dont like this idea, but if your not going to be using the gun in an illegal way, whats the big deal? That wouldn't prevent us from owning guns or limit in any way our use of them, it would simply hold people responsible for the guns they bought ending up in the hands of criminals. FTF transfers/sales would require one to go to your local FFL dealer with the other person involved in the transfer and simply get a backround check, and to have the registration transfered to the new owner. All previously bought guns need not be registered, only guns bought after the law was put in place.
Registration will do nothing to prevent crime and will only create a list that can be used later to confiscate certain firearms. What happens when they ban all semi autos or some other type of firearm, say handguns. At that point they will know where a lot of them are and can send agents to get them. And if you tell them you transfered said firearm I am certain they will want to know what delaer did the transfer, because by the time they have a registration they will certainly prohibit FTF sales.

They want to register firearms so they can come get certain ones when they feel the need.

The ultimate goal of the antis is not crime prevention it is the abolition of firearm ownership in the US.

No registration ever.

Page generated in 0.02962 seconds with 8 queries