View Single Post
Old March 2, 2007, 07:22 PM   #28
hps1

Quote:
Skeeter 1:My dad would go out and lay them out with their wings spread out near the garden. The other ones stayed away.
Quote:
rem33:If I get one with the pellet gun and lay in out in the middle of the back yard, wings spread, no crows will land in our tree until a few days after I move it.
When I was a youngster, we had very few crows in S. Tx. and only in the wintertime at that. Haven't seen a crow in many years, now. I wonder why that is? Don't doubt the crows stay away from the dead crows. The "birds eye view" would make such a scarecrow a bit more visible than a coyote hanging on a fence, though, admittedly the coyote is no slouch in visible abilities (or any other for that matter )

Humorous story regarding bird behavior; had trouble w/woodpeckers pecking holes in my deer blind, then the yellowjackets would enter the blinds and could be a real problem. Bought one of those paper mache (sp?) owls and mounted it on top of the blind. Worked great all deer season, but the next season came back and found the woodpeckers had pecked a hole in the owl! Not all bad, though, as the yellowjackets had nested in the owl, not the blind.

Regards,
hps

Page generated in 0.03620 seconds with 8 queries