View Single Post
Old August 14, 2002, 09:18 PM   #8
HSMITH

Sundance, when I shot the SBE it was available with a low rib only, I have been told that it is available now with a mid height rib that would help my opinion of it quite a bit. I also noticed a very sharp recoil to it, much like my over/unders. It would not cycle light loads so you got pounded to be able to shoot it. I practice with light loads, and LOTS of them. This would not have been something I would do with the SBE. The trigger on the 3 that I have shot is terrible, crunchy and heavy. I know they are touted as the fastest action available but I have not seen/felt it. There were several distinct clunks in the cycle, like an 1100 but not tinny, clunky noises.

My number one gripe? The one that will keep me from ever owning one? Locktime you can measure with a sundial. Longest locktime I have EVER experienced in a shotgun. Terrible. I shoot a lot and I shoot pretty well. It felt like I could have taken the gun from my shoulder afte the sear break and shot from the hip before it went off. Of course this is a gross exaggeration, but it really bothered me. The montefeltro must use a slightly different system, as I do not notice it on them. The M1 is just as bad as the SBE, don't like them either.

These are my opinions from shooting a few examples of the guns I picked on. YMMV. Other than intuitive "problems" I have had with the Benneli models I have seen no reason not to own one if you like it.

Page generated in 0.03493 seconds with 8 queries