View Single Post
Old November 11, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Osanagokoro

Question on Fox Savage Model B

Hi there everyone,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place but I have a question. I've had 3 gun smiths give me completely different answers and I really get the feeling that they're trolling me for money as all 3 made offers on the gun when I brought it to them. You know. "Oh this'll cost a couple hundred bucks to fix! I'll give you $200 for it though!"

I have a Fox Savage Model B. I love the gun. Named it "The Invalidator" (this gun makes your argument invalid). Cheesy, I know, but just using this to state that I like this gun.

Anyways, it fires okay. Though not flawlessly. I've noticed that it has a serious preference to ammos or one extractor won't release. Upon closer examination, I noticed one extractor has 2 bars going to it, the one that has a problem releasing only has 1. Not sure if it is meant to have 2, can see a divot for it but it isn't there. That extractor also has a little bit of wobble.

Unfortunately, I'm told they no longer make this gun. Because of this, I've had zero luck finding a tutorial on breaking this gun down. This is also where the gun smiths have started disagreeing. 1 has told me the gun is compatible with a Stevens 311. However, the other 2 said this was not true. When looking online, I've heard a LOT of people contradicting this. Heck, I haven't even found a proper set of take down instructions for this gun. Can figure it out to a point, but it isn't like modern double barrels.

Here are pictures, you'll notice the bar present in the left chamber but not on the right. There is a nub for it there, but no bar. Is there supposed to be one? Can it be fixed?

I appreciate all the help and I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. I looked through for anything on this on the forum but didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries