View Single Post
Old February 24, 2016, 09:24 PM   #14
sliponby

I've been conducting NRA Basic Pistol Courses since January 2012. I never, repeat, never received a student through the NRA. All came through my outreach to local gun stores, speaking to civic groups, an occasional article I write for the local newspaper and word of mouth.

I no longer conduct NRA courses. I have classes scheduled for the next 4 Saturdays with 10-12 students per class, and I'm forming classes beyond that. I do not agree with this change, regardless of what the trends may be. I don't have to follow them and my students are getting excellent instruction from my courses. I always supplemented the NRA course with additional information and handouts. At the end of the classroom session, I had a pretty good feel of the abilities and mindset of each student before we started the range portion. I don't like the idea of not having that advantage. YMMV.

I regularly attend advanced training to stay sharp and abreast of the latest tactics and techniques. Just recently attended a MAG 20 with Mas Ayoob. I do my dead level best to give my students the best basic pistol course I can deliver and encourage them to continue their training and practice.

I hold no animosity with the NRA, although I have let their education dept. know by phone and email that I don't agree with this change.

Page generated in 0.03199 seconds with 8 queries