View Single Post
Old August 24, 2013, 06:52 AM   #33
prm

I have been an LEO since the late 70s and have been carrying and shooting Colt revolvers pretty much throughout my career. Even today, we still have the option, and I frequently carry a 2nd Generation Detective Special.

I would not say my round count is anywhere in the neighborhood of a competition shooter, but I do go to the range regularly, and I am a full time range instructor at our state academy. I have sent two back to Colt for timing issues, replaced a few springs, and that has only been after multiple thousands of rounds. I always shoot standard velocity rounds through my Colts - no hot rounds. Why, they are classics, no longer made and the lighter rounds are just easier on them.

DPris is right on with his assessment in my experience. But then, any gun that is used extensively will occasionally need tweaking. Aside from that, your Colt will outlast you and be going strong with future generations.

They are a lot more durable than some modern internet keyboard jockeys give them credit.

Page generated in 0.02391 seconds with 8 queries