View Single Post
Old March 6, 2013, 12:51 PM   #12
snuffy

Welcome to the world of reloading!

You just found out how complicated it is. Just grabbing a bullet off some website is NOT how to start out.

That bullet would work just fine for what it was made for,,,---30/30. Most commercial casters use a hard lube on their bullets. That usually means they can not be pushed very hard, or they'll lead.

You'll never get to jacketed velocities with those or for that matter with ANY cast bullet in 30-06. Oh, wait, yes you can, but the barrel would be leaded so bad it would look like a 25 caliber bore.

Some guys over at castboolits.com HAVE been able to get to 2800 FPS with very hard gas checked boolits with perfect fit and with a good lube,, AND with acceptable accuracy.

No 760 for cast lead bullets. It's WAY too slow for that.

It sounds like you need to spend a lot of time reading. Both here and on other websites, as well as the front portion of most reloading manuals.

THEN get some jacketed bullets, start at recommended starting loads, learn how to reload. Then, someday, you can get into cast lead in centerfire rifles. Those bullets you bought will not go bad, set them aside for now, get back to them later.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.03566 seconds with 8 queries