View Single Post
Old December 6, 2010, 09:13 PM   #6
phydaux

2 Beers,

I've looked at the Penn-Foster program for my own personal development, and near as I can tell if you just picked up Gunsmithing (Stackpole Classic) by Roy F. Dunlap, $29.67 on Amazon.com, or Professional Gunsmithing by Walter J. Howe, $37.14 on Amazon.com, then you'd probably learn as much as you could from the Penn-Foster program.

I got both recently, plus a stack of others.

Contact Penn-Foster and have them send you an info packet. I did, and honestly wasn't impressed.

BTW, Sally Struthers used to do late night commercials for Penn-Foster programs back in the '80s.

"Learn the personal computer, become a medical transcriptionist, or earn your high school diploma..."

You can see the old commercial if you do a youtube search.

While you're at it, search for American Gunsmithing Institute on youtube. They have a bunch of videos. Ignore the ones that look like they're student interviews. Those are marketing BS. Just look for the ones with the middle-aged fat guy.

That's Bob Dunlap, AGI's chief instructor for all their gunsmithing stuff. The guys seems to really know his stuff, and explains things really well. As far as I can tell he also has a good long-term reputation in the gunsmithing community.

Page generated in 0.03509 seconds with 8 queries