View Single Post
Old December 6, 2009, 03:32 AM   #6
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Board members Del Brady and Tom Hatch voted for the shortened season
Dig around in the archives. Tom Hatch isn't necessarily a hunter's friend. Sometimes I wonder if he only sticks around to tighten the noose on hunting.

However... The Utah "General Season" Deer hunt is absolutely moronic (Yes, I'm a Utah hunter, but I have started to avoid Deer seasons, like the plague). You have what seems to be 50% of the population of the state concentrated in a few areas, all armed, barely passing the state's hunters' safety course, having only shot the rifle they carry the day before - for the entire year, and not actually knowing the boundaries of the unit they are hunting.

It doesn't hurt my feelings to see the season shortened. I saw some serious poaching problems in Florida (HogDogs might attest to that, if he reads this), but the absolute destruction and waste of wildlife associated with our General Deer season is horrid. Then, of course, comes the tremendous amount of littering, destruction of roads (or creation of unauthorized roads), unapproved campsites, possession of firearms while intoxicated, and absolute disregard of courtesy to other hunters. They can make it a 0 day season, for all I care... at least until the average IQ of our hunters hits something greater than 50. I'd rather not hunt, than hunt with our 'general hunter population'.

No offense intended, toward other hunters on this board. I just have absolutely no respect for the general attitude I see during the Utah General Deer season.

Page generated in 0.03537 seconds with 8 queries