View Single Post
Old September 26, 2008, 01:17 AM   #53
gte217e

I'm a few months late to the party BUT:

I purchased the ADP sometime last year in early 2007 after seeing it at a gun show. Loved the way it melted into my hand, felt great, weighed nothing, and was compact with 10 round capacity. I also own a CZ P-01, and previously a Steyr M40A1, and a Kimber tactical pro II.

I've taken the ADP to the range approximately 10 times and I have not had a single problem with it. I've shot it while the gun was so dirty that it was difficult for me to rack the slide and yet the gun functioned flawlessly. The gun gets very dirty very quickly. It needs cleaning after 200 rounds. I'd usually go through 50 to 100 rounds per range session, so figure 700 rounds average through the gun.

In fact... the ADP and the P-01 are the only guns that haven't given me problems and the ADP is what I use as my CCW.

My only complaint is that I'd like a better safety on the gun. The safety prevents the trigger from being pulled completely; I'd have preferred a firing pin block or something.

WC definitely needs to do some kind of quality control so the bad ones aren't distributed but for me, no problems. The whole point of going to the range is to make sure your CCW is dependable and reliable and from my understanding every gun manufacturer has a few hiccups now and then.

Oh... now I look like a DUMB [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]... but... when I first purchased the gun, there was a problem with a spring where it wasn't allowing the firing pin to fire unless the trigger was retracted far more than it was supposed to travel. A major problem that I discovered while taking it to the range. I sent it to WC and they replaced the spring and since then it's perfect.

To put things into perspective:

My Kimber Tactical Pro II had constant jams and failures to eject.
My Steyr M40A1 had feeding problems.
My walther p22 had feeding, failure to eject, and jamming problems.

So really... at least the ADP still functioned even while having to pull the trigger further back before the firing pin activates (which was fixed)

I read in a forum somewhere that the loudest noise is a click when you expect a bang... my ADP has always gone bang 10 times in a row.

Page generated in 0.02325 seconds with 8 queries