View Single Post
Old February 29, 2012, 09:55 AM   #82
tirod

Quote:
I like Pump Action because they do have an edge over Semi-Auto's as far as their reliability is concerned. 18" barrels are plenty enough for self defense, and the shorter a gun is the easier it is to manuver in confined areas. Capacity is not such a big issue for home protection. Matters of course would be different if you were a Law Enforcement Officer though.
Well, that does bring up the KSG, which Keltec has been working on and is now shipping.

For those who can bear to look at a tactical shotgun: http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/shotguns/ksg/

Right now, it's considered the "elephant in the room" kind of gun when self defense is brought up. Whether it becomes a bestseller, don't know, nor will everyone find it to their liking. Keltec has a tendency to beta test the first owners, and those buyers should expect it. Hopefully they can be spared some of that.

More knowledgeable shotgunners than me have suggested it could be a gamechanger - remains to be seen, of course. I doubt all and sundry will toss their existing scatterguns in the closest dumpster after they see it. Some will even snicker.

I speculate, but I think it will have an impact. It may not ever become an issue LEO/MIL gun, but it's now entirely possible one like it would be. The concept is out there, and someone will worry it to death with continued development until it's done right - assuming it isn't. The advantages that would make a tactical bullpup rifle carry over, with the huge improvement that there isn't a horrible mag change issue. It's a pump with more than enough ammo.

I can't possibly believe there aren't TAC teams frothing at the chance to evaluate one. The word is going to get out exactly how it does. Who knows, it might actually be affordable some day! Yes, there is that, you could buy two 870's for the price.

It will be interesting to revisit this topic in five years. In the meantime, I've got a 870 express I'd like to cautiously modify, thanks for all the tips here.

Page generated in 0.03434 seconds with 8 queries