View Single Post
Old March 5, 2011, 03:58 PM   #1
spacecoast

Pushed the bar a bit higher today in Bullseye

At our local club 900 match this morning, I used my 6" S&W Model 17-5 to increase my personal best to from 729 to 742, and in very windy conditions. Slow fire is still slow to come around (averaged 70.3 per round and failed to score at all with one shot), but my timed (91.7) and rapid fire (85.3) scores continue to improve. I really feel at no disadvantage shooting double action with the revolver at the 25 yard distance, and my overall score is around the middle of the pack (we had 18 shooters this morning, mine was the only revolver and only a couple of us use the gun's stock sights rather than a red dot). The combination of the relatively heavy gun (40 oz.) and the light recoil from the .22 LRs allows me to get back on target very quickly. Other shooters have commented how they enjoy shooting next to me because the gun is so quiet and throws no brass.

I've been re-reading the Army marksmanship manual and trying to learn everything I can about how to approach Bullseye, both mentally and physically. I just wish I had more practice time, basically my practice consists of the weekly match and a little range time here and there.

Last edited by spacecoast; March 5, 2011 at 07:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.01962 seconds with 8 queries