View Single Post
Old April 28, 2008, 09:05 AM   #303
Northalius

Quote:
Why does the Glock grip angle only seem to be a problem for those who dislike Glocks with a passion? I went from a 1911 to a .25 to a Glock with no problem. The Glock points naturally for me. I think this grip angle thing is so overrated.
Yeah. I've seen women (yes, with small hands; smaller than the average guy) fire a Glock 20 (same size as Glock 21) with NO problems whatsoever. I've read on another forum some guy let a 16 year old GIRL shoot his Glock 20 (with 165 gr. DoubleTap rounds, no less...) and had no problem! Amazing, right?

So the "small hands" excuse is bunk; so is the "bad angle" excuse bunk, as well. TOTALLY bunk. It's only the nitpicking person that complains about "being uncomfortable" with Glock grip. Oh please, if it were that bad, hundreds of thousands of police officers around the nation and world would give up on 'em in a heartbeat... but they haven't yet, and they (Glocks) have been in service in multiple police agencies for 20+ years so far, and still going strong.

Gee... I wonder why? It doesn't take a genius to know why! Glocks are universally awesome guns, and only nitpicking babies () complain about certain things they hate about Glocks, instead of being patient and giving 'em a chance.

Again, as I've repeated on many posts in many different forums: The "hump" on the back of the Glock grip is there because of the hole at the bottom-rear; the hole is there so one can slip their finger inside to more effectively grasp the magazine and pull it out, in case it ever gets jammed up there for some reason. There is a tactically sound combat REASON why Glocks have this hump, people... REMEMBER that!

And, you can always "reduce" this hump by simply heating it up and pushing it in to how far you're comortable with. I'd still suggest you leave enough room so you can get enough finger in the hole to grab the magazine well enough!

So, yes, the "hump" on top of the double-stacked rounds make Glock grips bigger than the usual pistol grip, but not impossible to grasp onto and shoot effectively, IF people would stop nitpicking, and give them a chance (or two).

They'll love that big grip once their mag jams in combat and they can grab the magazine quickly to pull it out!

Also, I've read that a bigger grip helps spread out the recoil on Glocks, especially full power "Magnum" Glocks, such as the Glock 20 and 29 in 10mm.

Page generated in 0.02427 seconds with 8 queries