View Single Post
Old November 23, 2017, 03:27 PM   #32
tobnpr

I don't follow your point.
Setback and re-chamber is just that, it's barrel work, it's not truing an action.
Problem is, the terms "blueprinted" and "trued" actions have no specific meanings.
Plenty of rifle owners use 700 clones and "fully trued" actions that don't shoot off a bench.
We all have our own opinions, but doing half a job- that may not help accuracy at all- isn't acceptable to me.
If I true an action, the threads will be recut. The only thing "optional" to me is reaming the bolt raceway and replacing the bolt as in my experience satisfactory improvements can be had without that in most cases, unless the bolt is really sloppy.

I don't work on Winchesters- but you're the one that stated "they are notorious for being off center axis".
I'm assuming you mean the receiver threads, since it would be pretty tough to cut a chamber off center (oversize, sure- but not " off center"). I know of no way receiver threads can be brought perpendicular to the raceway without recutting them, which would require a new barrel.

P!ease explain what I'm misunderstanding?
www.biggorillagunworks.com

Page generated in 0.03436 seconds with 8 queries