View Single Post
Old October 26, 2013, 05:17 PM   #39
Tactical Jackalope

I'm taking my neighbors car to work tomorrow.

Quote:
Could it be that you guys only have confidence with your one carry gun because you don't practice enough with anything else?
Why do LEO's carry just one? Familiarity. Confidence to shoot well? All my guns. Confidence under high stress to shoot well? The Glock 19 I've trained with.

Quote:
The chicken or the egg?
I like both.

Quote:
It does take a lot more effort to be able to switch around between platforms.
On the range for fun, not a problem at all. It's fun, if you never compared you'd have no idea where to start on for a selection with a CCW.

Quote:
These days, it's very understandable not to want to do that.
Better to have a primary that's an extension of your arm in SD than a random gun with only 100rds through the pipe.

Quote:
But please don't tell those who are willing to go the extra miles that they are wasting their time.
Start by not telling the one's who don't believe you're "going the extra miles" and rather stick to one CCW that they're inadequate in their methods.

Quote:
Given enough effort, it's quite easy to switch around from gun to gun, without a thought.
Absolutely. Is it ideal for SD? No.

Quote:
And be equally comfortable and effective with just about anything.
After the required training and muscle memory, sure.

Quote:
The gun really can be the least of it.
Absolutely, the important word in "gunfight" is "fight" not "gun". If it ever comes down to that tool of "gun" wouldn't you want the one you've had the most hours of training with?

Quote:
nd that may be the source of our disagreement.
In the end, each must do what is the most agreeable.
To each their own, yes.

Page generated in 0.03598 seconds with 8 queries