View Single Post
Old July 9, 2009, 01:02 PM   #17
matolman1

Quote:
I wanted to post this article I found today so people can see that this sort of attack, while rare, DOES happen, CAN happen and MIGHT happen...yes..even to you.

http://www.struckbylightning.org/

"In 2008 there were 329 people struck in the USA, with 302 injured and 27 killed."

WildiamhavingasaleonlightningrodhelmetsAlaska TM
And in this, sir, you prove my point.

I do not walk out to an open field during a lightning storm. This is one way to AVOID become a lightning victim. Just because the stats are low for lightning strikes, I won't walk out to the open field because there is a possibiltiy that I will be struck by lightning. This is called common sense prevention.

The same common sense prevention can be applied to daily carry and combat mindset. You prepare yourself for the eventuality that Mr. murphy will show up at the worst time and you will need every ounce of strength (mental and physical) as well as a proper load out of weapon/s and ammunition to get you through a worst case scenario attack against you or your loved ones.

Both examples are a form of prevention by NOT doing something foolish Case 1, not walking into the field and Case 2, not "under" preparing yourself.

I know you were attempting to show how absurd some arguments are for preparing yourself against low statistic events, but you actually did a fine job proving my point. Thanks!
www.israelicombattraining.com

Page generated in 0.02408 seconds with 8 queries