View Single Post
Old August 6, 1999, 10:21 AM   #6
Futo Inu

OK, Tasco is cool. They replaced the old crappy Optima for the new kind with a single windage-adjustment screw at no charge. As for the mount, that's a whole other story. The first mount I got was for thin-slide Glocks - Midway's fault. Then Tasco replaced for the right one at no charge. But the second one was defective. So they also replaced it at no charge -BUT, the replacement they send was once again the wrong one - thin-slide version. I refuse to wait again for a fourth try, so I just dremeled the edge curves "flat" and mounted it - works good, but doesn't look as good as it could with the proper mount. As for the "blurriness" of the dot, I don't think this can be fixed. I wiped the glass and the dot itself to no avail. The dot is just going to stay a little less-than-clearly-defined at the edges. For a pistol/7MOA, who cares? If you're mounting a 3.5MOA on a rifle or carbine, this would not be acceptable in my view. I didn't notice that the dot was any brighter with the new optima, though I suppose I may have had a mid-range production model before that fixed one problem but not the other.

All in all, Tasco gets a happy face for customer service, even though they appear to have started making & selling these before thorough testing - greedy, yes, but if they make it right when you complain, what's the harm?

As for longevity/durability, I have no idea. Check back with me after a few thousand rounds (for me, 6 months or more unfortunately).

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited August 06, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.01993 seconds with 8 queries