Thread: AR15 Sling
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Theohazard

I prefer a two-point quick-adjustable sling like the Viking Tactics Padded Sling. The Magpul MS3 is a great sling too, but it's not as padded and tends to dig into my neck a lot more. Both of those slings can be used as a one-point with the right attachments, but I prefer running them as a two-point with one attachment on the top front of the rail (I like the Magpul Rail Sling Attachment) and one at the top of the stock.

The problem is that most stocks these days have the sling QD mount towards the middle or bottom. Attaching your sling to the middle or bottom of the stock causes the top of the rifle to tilt away from you, and that makes the grip and the magazine poke into uncomfortable areas.

I never recommend attaching the sling to the buttstock QD point if it's anywhere near the bottom of the stock, and it almost always is. Instead, use the slots that are usually on the top rear of the stock. Some setups won't let you fully collapse the stock if you have a sling through the slot, but that's a small price to pay to prevent yourself from being whacked by your grip or your magazine.

Page generated in 0.04127 seconds with 8 queries