View Single Post
Old March 16, 2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Willie Lowman

FN SCAR with Mini4 first impressions.

(those are tactical Birkenstocks)

I decided on the Mini4 over the M42K based on weight and length. I was wanting to keep the center of gravity close to the mag well. I didn't want the overall length of the rifle/can to be longer than my 20" A2 AR-15. Also by the db ratings at the shooter's right ear from Major Malfunction's testing were a big influence on my decision.

I haven't had much time to shoot with it as it is still in transfer. I do live a few minutes away from my dealer so I get to visit it from time to time.

I will say it is not as quiet as the M4-2000 or a Gemtech G5 (duh). It does quiet the bark of the 5.56 pretty well. I would compare the report to a .32 or perhaps a .380. The SCAR has a setting for shooting with a suppressor. I never experienced any gas in the face/eyes like I do when shooting a suppressed AR. There was no fussing with the rifle to make it work suppressed, simply flip the gas block to suppressed, screw on the can and shoot!

Page generated in 0.03260 seconds with 8 queries