View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013, 04:30 PM   #11
ClydeFrog

PA Game Commission...

The PA Game Commission has some of the same problems.
The free gun range in SW Pennsylvania(metro Pittsburgh area) was in a remote location, had small print safety rules/warning signs, the "non sworn" PGC deputies there were unarmed & did not explain or fairly enforce the SOPs.

My good friend(a Act 235 licensed armed security officer) & I were cited by a over-bearing WCO(Wildlife Conservation Officer) who claimed we didn't follow the posted PGC rules(a pistol regulation limiting shooters to only 6/six rounds).
We were both cited($168.00 each, fees + court costs). We both pled NOT GUILTY and had a formal hearing with a PA District Justice about 3mo later.
The WCO & his "deputy"(a volunteer not LE certified) lied repeatedly under oath.
The Dist Justice found my friend & I more credible then found us; NOT GUILTY.
The Dist Justice also admonished the PGC officers, saying; "I told you to stop doing this to people."
NOTE: In the mid-2000s, the same WCO officer was moved to a rural county & later named; "PA Game Commission Officer of the Year"
His state award even mentioned the "hundreds of thousands of $$$" in fines/fees the game officer generated in his career.

Id be concerned to that other gun owners, unsupervised would be on drugs/alcohol or using illegal-class III firearms.

Clyde F

Page generated in 0.03451 seconds with 8 queries