View Single Post
Old July 7, 2012, 09:00 PM   #2
sholling

It really depends on what you want to use them for. I'm not a fan of red dots on pistols but that's because I use my Buck Mark as a training stand-in for my iron sighted 1911s. But that said the 730134 isn't a bad red dot sight for a 22 rifle. They aren't small and I find them a too dark but that may not bother you or they may have gotten better since I bought mine.

If that were my rifle I'd go with a small but very-very reliable rimfire scope instead. The budget option is a Weaver Classic RV-4 4x28 Rimfire. That's a scope that will last you a lifetime. Note that the 10.3" length should be short enough to easily stow away in your bag without removing it. A Weaver RV7 2.5-7x28 would be better but it's almost too long. If you can afford it the my first choice would be a little Leupold VX-1 Rimfire 2-7x28 but they're expensive.

Perhaps scope the rifle and then save up for something small like a Burris Fastfire for your Buck Mark. There are cheaper products of this type but I haven't tried them.

Edt: I forgot to mention that the Ruger came with a scope base and that if you lost it then replacements are only $10 from MidwayUSA or upgrade to a Weaver for $7.

Last edited by sholling; July 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.02886 seconds with 8 queries