View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 11:32 PM   #24
cobrajocky

My personal experience is that the number of FN-FNC's converted to FA is no where near as high as thought. I run across a lot of them being used in National Match Service Rifle competitions. Obviously none are FA's.

I bought my first for $200 from a gun shop in 1986 where the previous owner traded it in to buy a AR-15 because he thought it was too heavy, after only shooting a couple 20 rd boxes of ammo, what a wimp. The second I bought a month later (still 1986) new in the box for $250, because another dealer didn't think it would sell. Both have match grade barrels and are fully accurized, which I had done right after buying them (I shoot National Match, service rifle). Either will shoot the balls off a fly at 200 yrds, far superior to any match grade AR-15/16 I've ever shot or shot against. With my reloads, it will group equivalent to my 1952 National Match Garrand. It is a far superior to the FAL and any HK too. The first one has easily had 10,000 rounds through it and is still as tight as new ... the key is proper maintenance. Never broke a firing pin in either, though I have one spare OEM, when I was suckered into believing the false stories of pin failures back in the early 90's.

When I was in Nam etc flying Heli's, we had M-16's and side arms, all new nice and pretty and I always thought they were a piece of crap. Compared to the FN-FNC, they are. If anyone does find spares, please pass the word along for those that need parts in the FNC community.

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries